So I came up with the OpenID+ plugin. In short, the plugin for Gallery3:
- Provides a single form for normal gallery log in and for OpenID login
- Automatically provisions user accounts using as much information as it received from the OpenID provider
- Ties the OpenID identifier to the Gallery3 user through a separate table, allowing gallery users and OpenID users to coexist.
- Allows users to login with their Facebook or Microsoft (Hotmail, Live, Outlook.com, MSN, etc.) accounts.
- Provides administration options for changing the order and visibility of login providers
My philosophy is that pictures are private, and should be treated as such. Connections to 3rd parties are used only insofar as to authenticate the user. Once authenticated, no other connection is used.
- For general documentation, click here.
- For instrcutions on adding Facebook logins, click here
- For instructions on adding Microsoft Account logins, click here
- For adding currently unsupported OpenID providers, click here
If you like providing the ability to login through OpenID on your website, or using one of my other Gallery 3 plugins, consider donating via PayPal by clicking the button below. A $5 donation will by me a beer in DC.
For support, troubleshooting, or to report bugs, please visit the forum, or submit a topic below. Before submitting a bug, please go to your Gallery installation, click on “Settings > OpenID+”, check the box that says “Log Debugging Information” and try to log in again. The Gallery3 log file (in /var/logs/<data>.txt) will have information about the login process.