With the help of Randy from the forums who suggested Picasa support for the XMP module, I reprogrammed the XMP module to be able to process both Windows Live Photo Gallery and Picasa XMP face and tag data saved in the photo. You can download the newest module here. Please let me know of any bugs in the forum.
With Kevin’s posts about a firewall setting that prevented the internet check from working in the plugin, I have recoded the check to simply look for a response from the online gallery. If the response is received, the computer is deemed connected to the internet. Download the new install file here. I suggest that you uninstall the previous version first.
Having fixed a bug with the help of Quirin in the forums, I’m releasing Publish On Gallery 3 as a “1.0″ piece of software. The bug fix was to deal with some different URL rewriting conditions that were causing a connection attempt to fail. The method proposed by Quirin was much more general and should work for more rewriting rules.
- Administration section to disable extraction of various XMP / WLPG sections
- Fixed error where the XMP module was not creating photo annotations in the correct location
- Added option to output lots of debugging information (helpful when submitting bug reports!)
- Ratings (stars) are now extracted into tags (“4stars”, “3stars”, etc.)
- Minor improvements to code readability and comments